Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

« Home | titbits » | answers » | where have all the minutes gone?? » | the flu jab and other bullets » | the results » | did i forget something? » | one year ago today » | butterflies » | pump meeting » | LO »

i have a blog

I hardly come here. Not there is not anything to talk about, but there really has not been anything significant...

Work has been quite busy lately, and will be for the next few weeks. I am not complaining, as I like having loads to do, and the work is quite interesting too! Other than working, and chilling at home I have not done much lately...

You would think after just over a year I would actually remember every night to take my Levemir. In a previous post I mentioned waking up high and realising that I had not taken it the night before. Now you would think that waking up feeling shitty would get me to remember it every night.... But since then I have forgotten twice! One morning clocking in at about 21mmol/L, and this morning waking at about 04:00 and realising that I had once again forgotten the Levemir. Test - 16.7mmol/L. I corrected with some Novorapid, took some units of Levemir and lay in bed, angry at myself, trying to fall asleep...

I have been having higher numbers lately too, but have adjusted my insulin accordingly. Things seem to be going better now. Not sure what's been happening really, but at least I seem to have sorted out the problem. My morning number have also climbed a bit - I generally don't wake up below 7mmol/L, and up to anything around 11mmol/L sometimes. I will need to really concentrate on fixing these now. I have done a few overnight tests, and it does seem as though I am rising after 2am, but I think more investigation is needed here....

I have an Endo appointment next week. In the first year of having diabetes I had my A1c done 3 times (excluding at diagnosis). I hope to be able to keep this to about 3 or 4 a year. I may have one done this week (my last one was on 1 March) - I am a bit nervous about this as I think I have most likely increased from my 6.9% at my last visit.

My dad has had Type 2 diabetes for a number of years now, treating it with tablets. He also has high blood pressure and cholesterol (although his cholesterol levels are much better now). He recently joined a new diabetes programme offered by his health insurance - he has to visit a diabetic nurse a certain number of times a year, gets a podiatrist visit once a year, an ophthalmologist visit once a year, a dietitian (I think twice a year), and then his physician. The physician arranges the appointments with all these. Yesterday he had hours of medical appointment seeing all of these people... His eyes were fine, except for some cataracts which will be removed toward the end of this year, the dietitian was happy with his diet and will be sending him some more tips and advice, feet were fine too. On blood works - the doctor was pleased with his cholesterol levels and everything else. His A1c come in at 7.2% - which I thought was actually quite good (although for some this may sound high....). I actually think that my next one may be worse than his! :) But overall I was really relieved and happy to hear that he is actually doing much better. I think I was expecting a bit worse...

Labels: , ,