Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

« Home | the results » | did i forget something? » | one year ago today » | butterflies » | pump meeting » | LO » | Tuesday 20/02/2007 09:00 » | nearly 1 year » | random » | getting back to normal »

the flu jab and other bullets

That time of year for me again. I had it done this morning, so as to get it over and done with. This is also a sign to me that winter is arriving. That, and the fact that when I wake up in the mornings now it is still dark. As I have probably mentioned before I prefer colder weather...
  • Things have been getting busier at work. this is a good thing - the time goes by much quicker, and I don't get time to be bored at work. Some of the work that has been coming my way has been really exciting too!
  • Quite a few long weekends are on the horizon. Next weekend will be a four-day weekend (making for 2 4 day weeks). Then another holiday on Friday 27 April, and one on the Tuesday following (1 May). I was considering taking the Monday off too, to make it an even longer weekend.. But I have not yet made up my mind.
  • I have not plans for all these holidays.
  • I am trying to get my gym routine back to what it was. I am not sure what has happened, but I am not able to do what I could a couple of months ago. So in stead of complaining and trying to figure out why, I decided to start of slower and build up over the next few weeks. So far things are going okay. I hope to build my fitness up to what it was in the next 2 months.
  • I have religiously been taking my vitamins every day. Well, some weekends I do forget... I also started taking some Omega 3, 6, and 9. it tastes disgusting, but I gulp it down form a shot glass (table spoon) and follow it by a sip of juice.
  • My energy levels are improving! For a few weeks I was very tired in the evening, going to bed much to early some nights. I'm not really sure what I can attribute this to - the vitamins? Or perhaps the new tea I started drinking. It is a herb called Yerbe Mate (South American), and is supposed to have some energising and rejuvenating properties.

Oh, and diabetes. Well, it is still here, rearing it ugly head now and again. I must say that for the past few days my levels have been excellent! After my last Endo visit my night time Levemir was increased from 10 units to 12, because of the high reading I was having in the mornings. This has improved a little, but they are still not perfect. Last night a few hours after dinner I was 5.1mml/L (92) and woke this morning at 10.6mmol/L (191). If levels play along before bed tonight I will do the 2am testing to see what it is looking like then (in the past however, when I did this testing because of the higher morning readings, it would be a normal reading and I would wake up with about the same reading...). I will continue to monitor this until my next appointment at the end of May.

Labels: , , , , , , ,